In-law suites are permitted for immediate family members with the following conditions:
- Immediate family members are limited to parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, step parents and step children.
- The owners shall file a written covenant with Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds which prohibits the use of the property as two or more dwelling unit.
- The main house is owner occupied.
- The in-law suite is totally enclosed within the main house. Additions or alterations to an existing structure require a residential building permit application.
- An internal connection shall be maintained between the main house and the in-law suite.
- Homeowner shall agree to annually register the in-law suite with the Township by providing that the unit is still occupied by immediate family members and make the property available for Township inspection if requested.